The vision of the Woodland Christ of Christ, in light of the great commission (Matthew 28:18-20) is to lead people to a saving faith in Jesus and equip them to serve as members of His body. The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit to continue the task of seeking and saving the lost and disciplining the saved (Ephesians 4:1-16). This will be accomplished through worship, prayer, child and adult teaching, caring benevolence through loving fellowship and consistent evangelism.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- At all time we let Christ's life of sacrifice, service and holiness guide our actions, thoughts and speech (Phillipians 2:3:11).
- We share the good news of Christ with our community and the world, realizing His power to transform lives (2Corinthians 5:20).
- We endeavor to prepare all members for fulfillment of their God-called purpose by providing the spritual training and resources necessary (Romans 12:1-8).
- We love and care for the church family as we seek to grow closer to God (Ephesians 4:32; Romans 12:9-18).
- We strive to honor God through Sprit-filled worship. (John 4:24; Psalm 100).
- We immerse believers for the remission of their sins that they might receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38; Matthew 28:19).
- We volunarily submit to elders for spiritual leadership to the congregation (Hebrews 13:17).
THE LORD'S SUPPER
The Early Christians met on the first day of the week to observe the Lord's Supper (Acts 20:7). By observing this, we proclaim the Lord's death and resurrection until He comes again (1 Corinthians 11:26).